PMI-ACP® Boot Camp – Agile Practice Guide & PMBOK® 6th Edition (3 days, 24 PDUs) Agile Certified Practitioner Certification
“Remote Learning (Online Learning)” & “Face To Face Classroom”
Please email [email protected] for updated schedule, detailed instructor profile and course outline.
PMI-ACP® Boot Camp – Agile Certified Practitioner Certification
(3 days, 24 PDUs)
Career Growth PMI® REP: 4836 [Authorized Training Partner | Badge Issued by Project Management Institute ]
(HRD Corp Claimable Course)
Contact us for more information and LATEST SPECIAL PROMOTION PACKAGE or introduce this excellent boot camp to someone and get RM168 each*!
Reserve Your Seat with Our PMI-Approved Instructors Today!
CareerGrowth™ “VALUES” to Our Students;
Below here are the upcoming updated CareerGrowth™schedule;
“Remote Learning (Online Learning)” & “Face To Face Classroom” – OPEN FOR REGISTRATION
Note: For remote online, you can do it either at home or at an office where there are less distractions and with stable internet connection. We are using the google meet platform which is very user friendly. We will set up an invitation link for our participants to just click and join in.
|All training material will be posted to participants before the training|
|Upcoming Remote Online Schedule:|
|16-18 Feb 2022: Live Online Guided throughout the entire training – Open for registration|
Agile is a topic of growing importance in project management. The marketplace reflects this importance, as project management practitioners increasingly embrace agile as a technique for managing successful projects. The PMI-ACP certification recognizes an individual’s expertise in using agile practices in their projects, while demonstrating their increased professional versatility through agile tools and techniques. In addition, the PMI-ACP certification carries a higher level of professional credibility as it requires a combination of agile training, experience working on agile projects, and examination on agile principles, practices, tools, and techniques. This global certification also supports individuals in meeting the needs of organizations that rely on project practitioners to apply a diversity of methods to their project management.
In this training session, candidates will apply the generally recognized practices of project management acknowledged by the Project Management Institute (PMI®) to successfully manage projects. The aim of this course is to help participants take their project experience and knowledge to a higher level. If you have already completed a basic project management course or have 2 or more years’ experience of working on projects, this course is for you. You will be enabled to place your experience within a framework of tools and best practices that are aligned to the knowledge areas of PMBOK® Guide. The course will challenge you to become aware of the strengths of your current practices and examine how you can deepen your knowledge of and skills in using project management methodology and tools.
The course also equips you to deal with medium to large projects across different sectors (private, government or NGO). The facilitator will get you to focus on an actual project that you are currently working on or will be working on in the near future and apply the tools and methodology to that project. Each person will be expected to produce and present a scope statement, Gantt chart, stakeholder management plan, and budget and risk plan to the rest of the group.
PROGRAMME BENEFITS & OBJECTIVES:
• Describe professional project management, initiate a project, plan project work.
• Develop project schedules, develop cost estimates and budgets.
• Plan project quality, staffing, and communications.
• Analyze project risks, Plan project procurement.
• Manage project procurement, execute project work.
• Monitor and control project work.
• Monitor and control project schedule and costs.
• Be familiar with project management terminology, concepts, and definitions.
• Have an understanding of key project success and failure factors within their workplace.
• Know the key skills and processes to manage project teams.
• Be able to refine the project scope statement.
• Determine the approach for decomposing the work of the project to the required level of detail.
• Be able to apply key project management tools and formulate a Gantt chart, work- breakdown structure and budget.
• Identify and solve problems in considering project alternatives and selecting the preferred option.
• Work effectively with others when managing the implementation of a project plan.
• Collect, evaluate, organize and critically evaluate information to develop a clear and workable project plan.
• Collect, evaluate, organize and critically evaluate information when reviewing the preliminary scope statement and other relevant inputs.
• Communicate effectively when including components and completion criteria into the Work Breakdown Structure dictionary.
• Use science and technology when documenting the decomposed work in the Work Breakdown Structure format.
Ir. Dr. Mui Kai Yin PhD, MSc, BEng (Hons), Dip, PEng, ASEAN Eng, APEC Eng, IntPE, ACPE, MIEM, Hon MAFEO, MACPM, CCPM, CTM, CSM, PMP, PKT, PJK
- Consultant & Project Director of CAREER GROWTH S/B (2018-Now)
- Past Chairman of IEM Penang Branch (2016-2021)
- Chairman of IEM Penang Branch (2014-2016)
- Vice Chairman of IEM Penang Branch (2010-2014)
- Deputy Chairman of IEM Electronic Engineering Technical Division (2020-2021)
- Honorary Secretary cum Treasurer of IEM Electronic Engineering Technical Division (2008-2009 & 2018-2020)
- Committee of IEM Electronic Engineering Technical Division (2008-2021)
- Director-at-Large of Project Management Institute (PMI) Malaysia Chapter Northern Branch (2017-2018)
- Council Member of the Institution of Engineers Malaysia (2019-2022)
- Standing Committee of IEM Admission and Practical Training (2019-2021)
- Standing Committee of IEM Examinations and Qualifications (2019-2021)
- Professional Interview Coordinator of the Institution of Engineers Malaysia Penang Branch (2020-2025)
Dr. Mui graduated from the University of Sunderland, UK with an Honours Degree in Bachelor of Engineering (BEng Hons in Mechanical Engineering). Thereafter, he continued and completed his postgraduate degree from the University of Warwick, UK with a Master of Science (MSc in Advanced Mechanical Engineering). He also holds a Doctor of Philosophy Degree (PhD in Management) from the Atlantic University, USA; with research thesis on Multi-National Corporation Employee Retention – Human Resource Management.
He had more than 23 years of working experience on leading, directing and managing various projects portfolios in the Electronics, Telecommunication, Automotive and Construction industries, professional development, as well as non-for-profit organizations, and led more than >100 local and global new product launch/projects successfully.
One of the significant projects he led and managed was the design and build of one of the world’s largest solar cell manufacturing plant in Malaysia (>MYR 1 billion investment). In this portfolio, he was the Senior Project Manager who led the Engineering, Procurement and Construction Management (EPCM) functions on behalf of the client and managed more than >100 project team members and relevant stakeholders from diversify cultures and background. This project received the Institution of Engineers, Malaysia (IEM) excellence award in 2012.
Dr. Mui carries a few credentials with him; he is a Certified Project Management Professional (PMP®) and a Certified PMP® Instructor with the Project Management Institute (PMI®), USA (www.pmi.org). A Certified ScrumMaster (CSM®) with the Scrum Alliance, USA (www.scrumalliance.org). A Certified Trainer with the Human Resource Development Fund, Malaysia (www.hrdf.com.my). A Certified Construction Project Manager (CCPM) and a Certified CCPM Trainer with the Construction Industry Development Board (www.cidb.gov.my). A Competent Toastmaster (CTM) with the Toastmasters International, USA (www.toastmasters.org). A licensed Professional Engineer with practicing certificate (PEPC) with the Board of Engineers, Malaysia (www.bem.org.my), and a Corporate Member of the Institution of Engineers, Malaysia (www.iem.org.my). He is also a registered ASEAN Engineer and Honorary Member of the ASEAN Federation of Engineering Organization (www.aer.afeo.org).
He has been an active member of the Institution of Engineers Malaysia involved in leading and organizing various technical activities and events for the local branch members. He was the chairman of the IEM Penang Branch (2014-2016) and is currently the past chairman of the IEM Penang Branch (2016-2021). He is also the deputy chairman (2020-2021), honorary secretary cum honorary treasurer (2008-2009 & 2018-2020), committee member of the IEM Electronic Engineering Technical Division, eETD (2009-2021). And, currently the Council Member of the Institution of Engineers Malaysia (2019-2022), Standing Committee of IEM Admission and Practical Training (2019-2021), and Standing Committee of IEM Examinations and Qualifications (2019-2021). He is the Principle Professional Interviewer and Senior Mentor of the Institution of Engineers Malaysia (IEM). Appointed as Professional Interview Coordinator of the Institution of Engineers Malaysia Penang Branch (2020-2025).
Today, Dr. Mui focusing on providing project management training, coaching and consulting services to the local and oversea clients and non-for-profit organizations. He is currently the subject matter expert for the PMI® Project Management Professional (PMP®), Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP®) and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM®) exam preparation boot camp, helping aspirant Project Managers, Project Leaders and Project Team Members to prepare and pass the PMP®, PMI-ACP® and CAPM® credential exams. He has been a competent, experienced and qualified PMP® instructor over the last 11 years (2010-2021). To-date, he had conducted more than >180 sessions PMI® Exam Prep Boot Camps and numerous project management, leadership and personal development related workshops. He had trained more than >1,300 PMP® candidates, and more than >10,000 project stakeholders. Find out more at: www.careergrowth.com.my.
PMI, PMP, PMI-ACP, PMI-RMP, and the PMI Registered Education Provider logo are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.